I had a little trouble falling asleep two nights ago. This time it was not due to the usual suspect… anxiety. This time it was because I was excited! I was surfing the net just before bed and like a kid stumbling into a free flow candy store, I discovered some wonderful speech development websites! Check them out.
General Speech Development Stuff
- First stop, Speech Delay.com – I like this site because it’s comprehensive and very easy to understand. There’s a page on the degree of hearing loss which gave me a clearer picture of Hubby-jr’s situation (the chart helped a lot). If you’re interested to know, Hubby-jr has about 40-50dB HL only in the low frequencies and only in his right ear.
- Speech-Pathology.org – Okay the only reason I’m listing this site here is because I like their one particular page which charts normal speech sound development in kids. It’s a useful gauge.
- Speech Language Pathology Websites – A very comprehensive list of sites. This is where I found (in the Children category) the other sites l’ve mentioned here but if you need other related information, this is a good place to start.
Websites with Ideas/Activites to Encourage Speech Development
- Speech Therapy Activities (Speechtx.com) – I LOVE this site. It’s just filled with free ideas.
- Communication Connects (Parents Page) – They have a list of home activity ideas.
That’s it for now. I hope you find them useful.
By the way I struggled through the next day due to my lack of sleep. Hmm… I think I better stop surfing the internet too near bedtime lest I stumble on something that’s gonna overstimulate my mind!
“Yes honey, I’m coming to bed soon… as soon as I’m done at the computer…”